KOTA KINABALU: Three malls in Sabah listed under the Hotspots Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE) system will be allowed to operate as usual but with strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) in place, says Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun (pic).
The state Local Government and Housing Minister said the three malls – Centre Point, Suria Sabah and Karamunsing, can open for business starting Monday (May 10).
He said he received the information from the Sabah National Security Council whereby the above-mentioned malls can continue their business but with a limit to the number of people entering the premises at one time.
Masidi said there has to be enough room for SOPs to be observed.
“Rela and City Hall enforcement officials will be stationed at the entrances to monitor incoming and exiting customers.
“I was told that the premises will only be instructed to close if there is a Covid-19 case, ” he said.
Centre Point had acted promptly to the announcement and issued a notice on their Facebook page notifying customers of a three-day closure.
Karamunsing and Suria Sabah had proceeded to operate as usual but were later asked to close by noon on Sunday (May 9).
On Saturday (May 8) Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob had said all premises and bazaars listed in HIDE will be ordered to close for three days.
“If the HIDE system detects cases in a locality, the government will conduct risk assessment together with the Health Ministry to temporarily close that area and implement the MCO,” he said.
National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin had previously said all premises and locations in the HIDE system are not Covid-19 clusters but have the potential to turn into one if pre-emptive action is not taken.